Kids Favorite – Eggless Chocolate Muffins
These muffins are sure going to satisfy your taste buds but not going to add too much calories. These muffins can be served at breakfast or after school snack or in kids lunch box. These are made with whole wheat flour and oats flour. You can choose to use all purpose flour too. We have reduced on amount of sugar and instead used honey to give natural sweetness to it. It gives a perfect sweetness to the muffins. Again only sugar also can be used to add to sweetness. It also has goodness of flax seeds which are used as a subsitute for eggs. Flax seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids which have many health benefits. I have also added almonds to give crunch into the muffins you can choose to add nuts of your choice or also add chocolate chips if you are making it for kids. Serve these to kids and I am sure they are going to love it. It has very simple ingredients and could be made under an hour.
Wheat flour:1 cup
Oats flour: 1 cup
Cocoa powder:1/3 cup
Baking powder:2 tsp
Baking soda: 1 tsp
Sat: a pinch
Flax seed: 2 tbsp
Vanilla essence: 1tsp
Unsalted Butter/Oil: 3 tbsp
Overripe Banana: 1
Chopped Almonds/chocolate chip : 1/4 cup
1. Pre Heat oven to 375F and grease muffin tray and keep it ready.
2. Add 2 tbsp of flax seed to 3/4 cup milk and keep aside.
3. Mix wheat four, oats flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, salt.
4. Add vanilla essence, honey, butter, mashed banana to the milk mixture.
5. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredient and mix well. Add chopped almonds or any nuts or choco chips to the batter.
6. Pour in the muffin tray and bake in oven for 22-24mins till toothpick comes out clean.
7. Cool them on rack and serve to kids for snacks/lunch box/after school snack/or breakfast. They will surely love it.