Homemade Nutri Grain Bar
These are nutritious bars with goodness of oats. We usually bring in store bought nutri grain bars without realizing the amount of sugar or other preservatives and ingredients go into it. Instead try these which has no refined sugar added instead has honey for sweetener. Here I have made egg less version of this recipe you can add egg if you like just simply add egg beaten to the butter and blend well and skip the flax seed step. I have added oats flour, whole wheat flour and all purpose flour. You can add all oats or substitute all purpose flour with whole wheat flour. It is easy to make and can be served as grab-and-go breakfast, after school snack.
Unsalted Butter: 1/2 cup
Honey: 1/2 cup
Flax seed powder: 1 tbsp
Water: 3 tbsp
Oats flour: 1 cup
Whole wheat flour: 1 cup
All purpose flour/Maida: 1 cup
Baking powder: 1 tsp
Any fruit jam/jelly: as required
1. In a bowl add butter, honey and mix well. In another bowl mix flax seed powder and water and mix it to honey/butter mixture. Blend it well.
2. Mix all dry ingredients, oats flour, whole wheat flour, maida, salt, baking powder and mix well.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry and knead into a dough.
4. Add 2-3 tbsp of water to knead into a firm dough like a cookie dough consisteny. If you feel its too crumbly add water as required.
5. Cover it with cling wrap and refrigerate for 15-30mins.
6. On a greased surface roll it into a thin sheet. Cut it into rectangle shape.
7. Place them on a baking tray. Spread fruit jam in center. Fold the sides in so that they overlap each other and seal the edges.
8. Bake in oven 350 F for 15-17mins.
9. Once done remove and cool on a wire rack. Let it cool and store.