Halwa or sheera is usually prepared on festive or other occasions.This is a twist to traditional sooji/rava halwa or sheera that we make. It is very simple to make and tastes simply delicious. Surprise your family/guest with this unique dessert which everyone will rave about.
Few things to keep in mind is to lower flame while adding water to sooji as it will splatter a lot. Also roasting on low to medium flame as it may turn brown quickly and might not taste good. Traditionally you add milk to sheera but in this only water is added.
Rava/Sooji: 1 cup
Sugar: 1 cup
Strawberries: 1 cup chopped
Water: 2.5 cup
Ghee: 1/4 cup
Cardamom powder: 1/2 tsp
Kesar: 1 pinch(optional, soak in 1tsp of water)
Almond/Pista powder: 2tbsp
1. Puree strawberries in a mixer blender and keep aside.
2. Heat ghee in a pan and roast sooji till it turns golden brown color. Keep flame low to make sure it doesn’t burn.
3. Meanwhile sooji is roasting heat water in another pan or microwave.
4. Once sooji is turned golden brown lower the flame and add water.
5. Mix well and add strawberry puree, sugar, cardamom powder, raisins, almond-pista powder, kesar and mix everything well.
6. Roast everything on low flame till it thicken ups. it will start to leave the sides of pan. That means its done and you can turn off the flame and ready to be served. Garnish with fresh cut strawberries, almond – pista powder.